Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vivian Goes to Stockholm

I went to Stockholm this past weekend for two days. It is definitely a very beautiful city, with of course, very beautiful people (Prince Carl of Sweden is a total stud muffin). They're almost as beautiful as Norwegians. :) Stockholm is actually an archipelago made up of 24,000 islands. Since it is the end of October, not too many boats are operating so I couldn't visit the other islands. Stockholm is modern but there's a very nice Old Town called Gamla Stan that represents Medieval Stockholm. There are so many places to shop! Swedes are known for fashion and design (Ikea = their greatest idea ever) so there are several large shopping malls and streets. Stockholm is superrrrrr expensive though (surprise surprise), less expensive than Oslo but still very expensive. I spent nearly $30 for a 24-hour pass to use the subway. Overall, I think Stockholm is an awesome city to visit. I don't know if I'd say the costs of visiting outweigh everything but that's just me. I'm cheap as hell. :)

 Nice little deserted beach



 Galma Stan


 Nobel Museum




 Royal Palace






 
 Parliament Building




 



 National Museum






 Main shopping street







No comments:

Post a Comment