Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vivian Goes to Lucerne

On Wednesday, I took the train from Bern to Lucerne, a tourist town in central Switzerland. It is a lakeside town surrounded by mountains. It has a nice Old Town with architecture that has something like fresco paintings on the walls. The Old Town is very cool but they had stores like Foot Locker. That was the last store I expected to see. They have this really awesome bridge called the Kapellbrücke that is built from timber and spans the the length of the river. It's like the icon of Lucerne. Another icon is this sculpture of a dying lion on the side of a mountain that is to commemorate the members of the Swiss army who died during the French Revolution. Overall, Lucerne is a pretty cool place to visit, especially if you take a cable car up to any of the surrounding mountains (too expensive for me). Like Bern, it's not very big and you can walk around the city in a few hours.


Kapellbrücke

Kapellbrücke and Water Tower

Old Town








I think this is the biggest church in Lucerne


Lion Monument



Old Medieval Walls

Cuckoo Clocks

Kapellbrücke -- this picture was taken by a random tourist.. I handed him my camera to take the picture but he took several pictures of me with his own camera first... I don't know whether to be creeped out or flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment