Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vivian Goes to Dublin

Dublin is a nice city but going there after Edinburgh was a mistake. I just loved Edinburgh so much and Dublin cannot compare to it. Plus, it was the last place I was visiting and I was just ready to be back in Oslo. I spent a day and a half there and just did a walking tour of the city. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do because Dublin isn't a very photogenic city. There are some nice places and a lot of statues. And I got lucky again with the weather. I think Mother Nature was trying to make up for Paris. Overall, I think Dublin is alright. I don't particularly have any strong feelings towards it. If I were to visit Ireland ever again, I'd probably hit the beautiful coasts instead of Dublin.
So this concludes my travels in Europe. I'm back in Oslo now and it feels great to be back in my own room. I'm leaving to go back to the U.S. in three weeks and I'm definitely excited for that. I'll just spend the next few weeks studying for my finals and going to the gym. Yes, I bought a gym pass. :) We'll see how that works out...

River Liffey


Ha' Penny Bridge -- built by the same people who built the Titanic... most people avoid walking on this bridge


Hehehehe

Christmas decorations on Grafton Street, the main shopping street


Gaelic is such a weird language

Occupy Dublin

City Hall



Dublin Castle -- most disappointing "castle" I've ever seen





The only medieval structure left of the castle


The Royal Coach


Christ Church

Temple Bar -- area with a lot of pubs

Forgot the name of this bridge but it's the only bridge in Europe that's wider than it is long

The Spire on O'Connell Street

Trinity College


Apparently, if a student walks under this archway, they will fail all of their classes for that term

Trinity College Library -- the inspiration for the Hogwarts Library :)

It's Dublin. Of course there's a beer bottle in the lake

St. Stephen's Green



That's Gaelic for Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment